Old 07-31-21, 10:16 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
I'll also point out, since this is C&V, that a lot of adds-lightness tricks are not C&V, but can go on a C&V frame if you want. And/or can also make for a better experience and keep you from shopping in other peoples' parts bins. A 105 R7000 crankset & bb saves >100 grams over Nuovo Record, and it's hardly the lightest thing you can find. It also gives you shift ramps and pins and a lower front gear, and you can buy a matching power meter. Spreading the rear for a 130mm freehub might not do anything for the weight but lets you have any of today's cassettes... which shift better even on friction. While you are at it 622 (700c) rims and tires are an easy win, most of the time. Velocity will sell you some nice ones, and they can be tubeless if you want. I haven't undertaken this project on my Paramount because, hey, it's a Paramount. But if I had something more mass-manufactured like many many 1980's Taiwanese bikes, I wouldn't hesitate so much. I did a Shimergo conversion on my Expert TG and it's been pretty great.
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty: