View Single Post
Old 06-07-22, 09:31 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by ofajen
In grad school, I had the good fortune to be able to take two classes on gravitation from Bahram Mashoon, who, as a gravitational theorist who worked with John Wheeler, was here because we had a research reactor with thermal neutrons and techs who could make working neutron interferometers from single crystal silicon ingots. (Gravity experiments aren’t so easy on charged particles where the gravitational interaction is 39 orders of magnitude less than the electromagnetic)

Anyway, I’ve always disliked the notion of dark matter and thought of modern cosmology as a bit of a shambles. Thankfully, Bahram’s monograph from 2017 holds some hope that we are better understanding the history dependence and nonlocal aspects of gravitation which actually produce many similar results that some have explained with what seems to me a hand waving notion of dark matter.

I’m not necessarily going to recommend you actually buy a copy and try to work through it but here is the book. It’s an Oxford Press monograph.

https://global.oup.com/academic/prod...c=us&lang=en&#

Otto
Lol, there are many "alternative" theories of what dark matter is besides the commonly accepted weakly interacting massive particle model, and im not going to argue about it here