Old 07-27-20, 01:28 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by Narhay
The training wheels came off last week and this weekend we did about 8km in a few trips. Maybe in a few weeks they'll have mastered the start and stop and I can hop on my own bike.

My riding and wrenching are done almost exclusively between 5am and 7am, and after 8:30pm. In between is a hazy fog.
Originally Posted by gugie
Mine are 17, but I do remember. I'm amazed you actually have time to ride! Most of my cycling was like this.
We're alternating between balance bike practice and teeny bikes with training wheels, so I hope they'll be up and running before too long. Most of my riding time the past couple of weeks has been following them in small circles on my own bike, i.e., "practicing" my low speed handling.

I often have the intent to wrench or ride early in the morning, but sleep keeps getting in the way. I have to steal time other ways, but I do manage to find it somehow.

So far, I'm happy I didn't pick up the Gran Premio -- the ride and the barbecue were much better than worrying about garage space and how I'd find the time to start a new project. Even overhauling a couple of hubs is something I need to plan for, and I'm getting tired of looking longingly at the Mercian frame hanging on the wall...