View Single Post
Old 03-13-22, 07:22 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked 1,659 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001
It's that time of year when winter and spring start to fight over the weather pattern. We get snow then some nice weather, then snow, and nice weather. This tends to go on for about a month. So, cycling for me hits its lowest point I don't want to damage the trails, so I stay off of them. The roads can get super dirty and wet, and I have to spend more time cleaning the bike after every ride so no fun there. This is why I tend to do some hiking on fire roads to keep some kind of fitness during this time of year and less biking. I did find a little window today and took the road bike out for only the second time this year, and oh how I look forward to winter leaving and long road rides in the near future.
My First Love / Cycling Past Sixty - YouTube
Zwift, my friend. Zwift.
As a former central MA resident myself (Oxford), I know how frustrating this time of year can be weather wise. We moved to SC 7 years ago, and I'm already spoiled. Any day in the 50s seems like it's too chilly to ride outside (I have a bad knee that doesn't tolerate the cold very well) so I took to Zwift to keep riding during the "cold" months.
Likes For Bald Paul: