View Single Post
Old 01-11-23, 03:24 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Most local group does thunder ridge every year. I want to do it, I also have been wanting to go to Roanoke for a weekend and hop on the parkway. Lastly I want to ride from Williamsburg to Charlottesville and back in a day. I have a couple guys that want to do it with me, and there is a beast of a cyclist in Richmond that has done it a couple times.

The underlying issue, I can’t get weekends off, or I can’t get them off consistently so planning anything is tough. If I try a request a specific day off, I can get it but then the rest of the month is messed up, so I try and avoid that.

I missed a lot of races last year because of this. I am hoping this year will be better, but I am cautiously optimistic.
WBurg to Cville and back would be a tough day. If you're wanting a test that you could ride on your own time, you could ride WBurg to Richmond to Ashland/Hanover. Then, tack on parts of the RABA Heart of Va ride routes on your own. You'd have to figure out your SAGing/support. The century is a good route that takes you through some nice country. The cue sheets are here. Well, they're not there, but the routes map is.

https://www.heartofvabikefestival.org/routes/

Last edited by seypat; 01-11-23 at 03:28 PM.