yaw
should be more popular

Bikes: 22 Emonda

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 84 Posts
Couple things I would consider

1. Would 28mm bulge out on those Aeolus 51 detracting from aero benefits? You may get away with 28mm as the specs suggest they are wider than the Aeolus 35 I have, for which I definitely need 25mm to have a proper aero profile. Since I can't report major comfort differences between 25 and 28 on the front in the 70 PSI range, with a 28 on the rear where aero is less of a concern, I would suggest making the rim profile a priority over any comfort/handling concerns as both widths perform just fine - so you may as well.

2. Whilst I am not a fan of Bontrager tyres, you may find that they will probably be easier to deal with in that Bontrager universe when it comes to getting these on and off on the side of the road. Out of those tyre choices I would go with the Contis (5000 S TR) if that was not a concern, but I did hear some stories about the tubeless Contis not going on Bontrager wheels at all with even the LBS giving up, whilst the tubed clinchers go on without levers. This tightness issue would have been the TL version, maybe that has changed for the S TR.