Old 06-02-22, 02:50 PM
PimpMan

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
" frame size should not be the limit." PM

And why should this be the case? Were it a truth we could all be riding around on the same size bike that a 4 year old fits, and thus take advantage of the bike's lesser weight. If true than why do better bike brands make the same model of bike in many size frames? Think of the cost savings, remember it's money that makes the world go round:

Your statement flies against over 100 years of millions of people making and riding bikes that came before you. If you can't understand and believe this yet you will be spending more of your money and time on poorly fitting bikes till you do. Andy
How come small bikes have longer seat post and don't bent...

As i said problem is that i used cheapest seat post i could find i already said its weights close to nothing wall thickness is 1mm made of soft Chinese metal.

Originally Posted by 79pmooney
If that is indeed supposed to be a 25.4 post, then a long enough and strong enough one is easy to find. Only challenge - finding a seatclamp that will fit on to a 25.4 tube. I'm sure they exist. 1" steel tubes have been around longer than bicycles.

Quality steel is FAR stronger than aluminum. With the right wall thickness, it will hold up under your weight forever. Go on-line and see if you can find a seatclamp to fit a 25.4mm / 1" tube. If you find it, come back here and I'll go through my steel booklets and tell you what tube thickness and alloy to get.
by seat clamp you mean this part that will fit on 25.4mm diameter tube?

You want me to use solid metal bar that is 24.4mm thick, and 350mm long, that will add ton of weight to my bike isn't it?

I am from Europe its tough to find same parts as available in US.

Last edited by PimpMan; 06-02-22 at 03:11 PM.