View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 10:23 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 2,832 Times in 541 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Ah...So a Corsa 01 model not just a Corsa. Now I have more research to do. Seller said it was EL-OS but I really don't know what tubing it is. It weighs 18 lbs 12 ozs in the picture without pedals so It's got to be a fairly light tubeset.

The bike was supposedly ridden by Wendy De Vos on the Domo Farm Frites women's team. I've found one reference to there actually being a women's team with only one rider associated with it. I have found Wendy via Strava but have no way to reach out and ask her.

There was no paper on the fork steerer nor did I even notice any stampings or such.

Thanks for the info!

Back to googling....
Welcome to team fries James, a fine team indeed . The paint on yours looks in fantastic condition, great score!

I was out on my MX Leader version today...a mind blowingly good ride

I know nothing about the pro race circuit and am not disputing that Wendy was/is a pro racer, but maybe it could be possible she's just a regular cyclist who had the frame repainted with her name on.

My frame above was dated by Jacek as from 1993, the Domo Farm Frites paint scheme was from much later in 2000/2001. The non drive side of mine also has a name on it that google does not give any inkling about a pro cyclist, so I just assumed it was a keen amateur Belgian cyclist who bought an older Merckx, and in or around or after 2000/2001 got repainted with his name on the top tube.

I'm not on Strava but can't you reach out to people on there to maybe ask her direct? Is she are you on Twitter or Facebook maybe an option too? Its not stalker-ey to try and track someone down to ask their bike history is it? If it was me I'd super pleased to see an old friend again and know that it was still on the road. Just some thoughts for my 2 pence/cents worth.
Likes For botty kayer: