View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 06:30 AM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by montanasoftware
This is a good thread. I've bought auto and bike parts on eBay and Amazon without trouble, but there are YouTube videos of people unboxing obvious fakes. There are a lot of counterfeit high-end spark plugs on Amazon ... selling super super cheap. I agree with the people who emphasized how important it is to look into who you are buying from. If it is shipped by Amazon, it should be fine. And there are a lot of LBSs who have turned to eBay and Amazon to help keep their business afloat. My wife and I sell jewelry on eBay and etsy, and we are able to make a great income, and put our kids through college. Best bet is to read the feedback carefully.
My largest beef with Amazon is that the ratings often include ratings for items that are not for the exact product you are buying. I have looked at items where the ratings reference features not available on the actual item being listed. In some cases it is a higher or lower level item by the same manufacturer and even may include ratings of discontinued products. I have gotten counterfeit DVDs from Amazon, but they did refund the money.
Likes For Bill in VA: