Old 09-10-21, 12:49 PM
pbass

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
On my Cross-Check, I tried a Ritchey Kyote bar, a Jones bar, a 60mm stem, a high-rise stem, and an obscene number of spacers before I gave up and bought a different frame. The combination of a long top tube and a short head tube make anything resembling "upright" a real challenge. I'd recommend a Black Mountain Cycles MCD when they come back in stock.
That's why I stopped fighting my CC and just decided to use it for what it is. Even with all the experimenting like you did--bars, stems, heck as I say, I even tried a different size frame--and even with it being adjusted to (in theory) be more like my Kona Rove (which fits me perfectly), I still have a forward-leaning feel on the bike. I don't know bike fit tech but that's the only way I can describe it. I'm not after sitting bolt upright mind you--my Rove is drop bar and the hoods are just a smidge higher than the saddle and I can hang out on that bike all day. So now the CC is my singlespeed, flat bar bomber. Super fun, a little aggressive, and not for long days in the saddle (the Rove handles that).

Last edited by pbass; 09-10-21 at 12:53 PM.
Likes For pbass: