View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 04:13 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by pbass
That's why I stopped fighting my CC and just decided to use it for what it is. Even with all the experimenting like you did--bars, stems, heck as I say, I even tried a different size frame--and even with it being adjusted to (in theory) be more like my Kona Rove (which fits me perfectly), I still have a forward-leaning feel on the bike. I don't know bike fit tech but that's the only way I can describe it. I'm not after sitting bolt upright mind you--my Rove is drop bar and the hoods are just a smidge higher than the saddle and I can hang out on that bike all day. So now the CC is my singlespeed, flat bar bomber. Super fun, a little aggressive, and not for long days in the saddle (the Rove handles that).
Yeah, my frustration with the CC was made worse by my aging neck and shoulders. My drop bar excursions are now reserved for my Black Mountain Monster Cross, which has a taller stack than the Surly. It's still not ideal, but good enough for 50 or 60 miles.

Interestingly, I just bought an All City Super Professional singlespeed today -- a true "flat-bar bomber" if there ever was one!
Likes For Rolla: