Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,458 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I could post about it on the 50+ forum, they always recommend a doctor visit. OK I'll make an appt. next week unless I make a dramatic improvement before then.
Money isn't an issue, the Medicare+ thing I have has been pretty good so far. Thanks for your concern.

I had a bleeding ulcer back when I was a practicing alcoholic. It sucked.
IMO, social media and the internet are the worst places to get medical advice. I have made it a practice not to recommend anything to friends. It is like no good deed goes unpunished. What I think is good and valuable, they think is over priced and whatever. Having said that, when I lived in NorCal, I used a Standford Hospital Cardiologist and now in SoCal, a Scripps Clinic cardiolgist. My mom has A-fib and I get odd rhythms. Besides standard stuff like Echos, stress tests and ECG, they used this https://www.irhythmtech.com/?utm_ter...hoCyfQQAvD_BwE

This device accurately records two weeks worth of heart rate data. There is a button on the device to push if you feel any symptoms. You press the button and log your impression on a mobile app. The mobile app data along with the recorded heart rate data is sent to a company that prepares a report for the cardiologist. I do everything I would normally do including race, gym and etc.

Two weeks of recording captures all the possible matters and they will find any strange or dangerous rhythms. After a few days, it starts to itch. Drove me a little nuts and glad to remove it. It is amazing what a benign premature beats or extra beats can do to generate strange symptoms. It is good to know that all is good or to the contrary, action must be taken.

Cardiology check ups are just part of grinding along like colonoscopies and prostate exams. No big deal and the earlier a problem is diagnosed the better. Good luck and go now.
Likes For Hermes: