Old 11-05-21, 10:22 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Tuesday night was last club run TT of the year due to the time changing.

I had a good amount of fatigue from picking up running and gathering back some volume after the end of local cross racing season for me.

I knew with cold weather and form a PR was out of question, so donned the road helmet and cheapo suit and instead did the course twice. I wanted to see how my power was progressing.

My 40k power pr was about 262 to 265. This was over 30min at over 270. I felt I could have held it on for a 40k if I kept going. Also I went out way way too easy. My ending heart rate was a full 10 to 12 bpm low versus how I target ending a TT.

Sad note, the club run TT course in opposite direction was a KOM I used to have. One of the P/1/2 guys that got podium at regionals stole it over summer. I don't remember noticing, till hitting the segment that night while doing the course twice. Like, 30 sec faster over 7 miles. Not unsurmountable, but damn the dude did like 330w for it. Sheesh. I'm not even into the 300's yet for that distance. Close, 290, but still.

Happy note, great little fun bunch to ride with. Two of us on TT bikes and another 5 to 8 on road bikes. Only improvement on your PR based, so everyone on equal footing. Beers after. I'll miss it.

I think 2022 I really need to grow the power a bit. Taking it from "that's a quick ride" up to "that's legit fast". If I can get the 10mi power into the low 300's, I think it may get pretty wicked in 2022.

I have the Zwift setup now in the porch legit, now to put a plan together and build up the engine over winter. I hate Z races with the fakeness and cheating, but will do some indoor TT's to keep my mental edge. I may re-setup my mech shifting old Felt DA for trainer duty for Z TT's. Just would hurt my soul a bit putting a pro tour worthy TT bike setup on a sweaty indoor trainer. But whatever, it needs a bath once in a while anyway.
Likes For burnthesheep: