View Single Post
Old 03-26-22, 05:58 PM
SpeedyBlueBiker

Bikes: 1999 Giant ATX MTB, 2002 Lemond Zurich, 2018 Fuji Transonic 2.3, 2019 Specialized Tarmac Disc Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 227 Posts
[QUOTE=kahn;22451386]
Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker
I got out for 35.5 miles today. Started at Log Boom Park just north of Seattle. I rode along the Burke-Gilman MUP trail into Seattle and went to Ballard and then return. Did a side tour up Stoneway Rd to get some hills in as the ride is pretty flat otherwise.[/QUOTE}]

Ah, my neck of the woods. I use Burke and generally avoid Stone Way but then I do have to contend with cross streets whereas Stone Way is an arterial. From my house to Marymoor (climbing rock) is an even 25 miles, so 50 round trip and it is one of the flattest rides imaginable. Well, flat if you ignore all the root heaved pavement along the BGT!!!

You could climb the switchbacks at Golden Gardens for hills and then head down 32nd to 77th west to Sunset Park, down 34th to 64th west down hill, stay right, through the tunnel under the railroad and back to the BGT. I don't like the switchbacks downhill since the pavement is not good and the lighting can be dappled making it hard to make out the pavement cracks and holes.
I have climbed those Switchbacks out of GG a number of times doing this same ride which adds even more distance. I only go uphill, like you, I'm not fond of that road going downhill. Yes, there are definitely some bad tree roots to ride over on the BGT.
Likes For SpeedyBlueBiker: