genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Brett A
I couldn't make a helmet/eyeglass mirror work for me either. Similarly, it was too damn close to me face. I now use a glass mirror that straps onto my left brake leaver with Velcro (I have drop bars). Would it work to get a mrror that's easy to take off wen you don't need it? Then I suppose you'd have a storage issue....
Velcro would be nice... but not sure how it might work on my flat bar mountain bike. This is a trails bike actually a Giant Trance X2. Full suspension. Wonderful ride for the on and off sidewalk, roadways, path, and trails riding I am doing right now. My only disappointment is that it does not have a lockout rear shock... means if I don't do it just right, getting out of the saddle to accelerate is just absorbed by the shock.

My favorite mirror for my other flat bar bike (my heavy duty "commuter") is the Mirrycle mirror. The darn thing is perfect... and yeah, I've snapped it off a few time going through a narrow gateway... I replace them ASAP. It is a great mirror.

I'd love to find a velcro version... I'd probably just strap it to the center of the bars when not in use out on the left grip. I've been going without a mirror as of late... and avoiding the open road for the most part, due to the availability of paths and "sidewalks." The streets I am riding right now are about 25-30MPH roads... and I'm just looking back.

I would NEVER have commuted without a mirror... I was always on 45 and 55MPH roads... and keeping awareness of all the traffic around me required a mirror.