View Single Post
Old 04-17-21, 09:32 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
My Dahon Uno has a super light rear rack and I can use panniers or a trunk bag. I use my Travoy with the Bike Friday pakiT. But for small super light shops (loaf of bread, etc.). I just take a nylon backpack that zips into it's own pocket and open it up and use the hang tab on the top over the ahead stem. Because of the longer drop to the front wheel, it hangs off the bars and doesn't get in the way at all. I always have one of those with me because you never know -- I was out riding last week and accidentally found a bakery that had a rhubarb tarte that looked wonderful. On the BF, no way to bring it home, but I popped open the little nylon backpack sack, set it inside, louped the hang tag and took the side straps over the ends of the bars and it balanced perfectly on top of the bars and ahead stem the entire ride home! Was delicious, too =). Having one of those bags tucked away means I can ride without bags unless I am intentionally shopping and still grab a quick lunch or treat to take home. They're really versatile.
Likes For linberl: