Old 10-25-22, 02:42 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,391 Times in 3,675 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Fattic
This extra work often goes unappreciated. The most common questions asked a builder is 1. How soon can I get it? and 2. How much does it cost? If any decision based on one or both of those answers are not going to get one of the finest frames made.
Anyone remotely basing any decision on those 2 questions should be summarily dismissed out of hand.

Sadly they have to be taken on as customers anyway.

Richard Schwinn said "there is nothing glamorous about framebuilding" when I asked him whom he thought might have built my 58 Paramount.

The average customer (cretin) does not know how truly ignorant they are and doesn't realize the cost of a builders experience that can negate that is a bargain.

Dirty, nasty, soul crushing work, blacksmithing meets jewelry making with a herculean amount of patience, finesse and skill in between.
Likes For merziac: