Old 06-07-22, 11:03 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
I would have no idea other than to guess. I have a lot of experience competing in your age group sprinting at the track. The way your framed your post, you do not want advice and you can figure it out on your own. I actually doubt that. I couldn’t. FWIW, I won state championship in NorCal in 2016 and SoCal in 2017 in the 500 meter time trial. And I was top 10 in the 500 meter at the world championships and I went for a WR at Aguascalientes track but had an injury but still logged a PR. I used a sprint coach.

Raising ones sprint power is highly specialized training and takes a lot of time and focus. A gain of a couple hundred watts is sort of the anti to get into the game.

I will say that endurance is a speed killer and having high power output is about leg freshness and strength to weight ratio versus CTL. Give up on long distance and focus on sprinting and do not ride very much and sprint power goes up.

Second thought, sure you can raise your sprint power a couple of hundred watts…why not.