Old 06-28-22, 10:34 AM
goose70

Bikes: '19 Cannondale Evo, '12 Guru Flite; '10 CAAD9, Trek MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
I do everything you said there. Hydration and fiber. It's been going for a month now, at the same time I started doing structured training. I'm pretty sure I'm not over-training. I have two rest days per week that is total rest, no cycling, no exercise on Sunday and Thursday, 4 days of indoor training, 1 hr per day, and >3hr outdoor ride on Saturday, followed by a rest day on Sunday. No sore legs and I get at least 8 hrs of sleep per day.
I defer to the training and poop experts, but I've learned that one can train hard but not feel overtrained from a legs standpoint, yet still have the body react in various adverse ways. The type of structured training you describe might not be hard for Peter Sagan, but if this combination of intensity and volume is new to you, particularly over this amount of time, then your body could indeed be stressed. Lack of blood flow to the digestive system seems like as good a culprit as anything. You also mentioned that you've been doing this structured training for at least a month. I'm not sure how old you are, but when I hit my late-40s, I found that putting in a recovery week every third week during structured training blocks really helped settle my whole body down and kept me functioning at a high level. Two rest days a week is often not enough if you're going hard the other days. Also, after three, 3-week sets, I try to take an entire week off. Again, I find that things normalize during that off week. Good luck.