Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by acroy
Accident (warning it's violent)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgqh...hannel=MrAcroy
she 'didn't see' me despite it being noon in July, cloudless, 6'3" bright clothing, and 2x300 lumen DRLs not much else I can do except run a strobe, which I've purchased.
What custom ti bike? Seven Cycles has been on my radar for a while.... If my route was reasonably smooth I'd be on rigid. It is the opposite of smooth. Been running tubeless for maybe 15yrs, it's fantastic. Schwalbe Allmotion 29x2.0. I swear these things are made of iron - around 10k on them and very little wear. And they are fast and feel great.
Yikes. Sorry you had to live through that and glad you're back on your pedals! Unfortunately drivers like that are going to be dangerous anyways, irregardless what you do.
You should check out the Falkenjagd Hoplit Pi. They are great builders of Ti bikes, as are Pilot, Hiilite, Boettcher and Nua. I've now seen and ridden the Waltly pinion, I think it's a good option too. Now you'll notice these are all non-US Ti builders. Few US Ti builders like Moots etc bother with Pinion/Gates, and for me that's a prerequisite, along with cables in the headtube. If I'm paying $$$ for a custom bike, I want neat cabling and the drivetrain I want.

Last edited by Sardines; 07-22-22 at 04:38 AM.