Old 08-09-22, 09:29 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
6'5 215#. I have size XL bibs from Voler and Black Bibs- both fit great.

Voler makes many levels of compression. I like their Black Label which is the most compressive, but less expensive models have less compression. Voler's cargo bib shorts are less compressive but with the same pad. The cargo pockets on the side and back are helpful and you dont feel anything when something is in the pockets. This could be helpful for you when touring.

Black Bibs has regular and cargo offerings too. The material is for sure on the mid-compression side of things. It will never be confused for higher compressive offerings. The quality is solid, price is great, and they have lasted.

Bibs are better than shorts for me- the bibs dont roll down and stay in place all day both on and off the bike. I never touch them.
Both suggestions above have wide leg bands instead of an annoying cheap thick glue strip at the leg hem. The difference is noticable and there is no reason to ever buy clothing with that thick silicone strip that rips your skin and hair.
But if you wants shorts, both of the offerings above have shorts. Voler is MUSA, if that matters.