rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2584 Post(s)
Liked 5,642 Times in 2,922 Posts
My energy has returned

I have always been a supplement skeptic and had the point of view that (no, this is not an infomercial) that they were a complete waste of money/placebo and/or were ultimately unhealthy. After a year of close experimentation on yours truly, I have changed my mind and more importantly not died - as far as I can tell.

The three (actually four) are, drum roll please:

Multivitamin for active seniors (I can hear the gasps from here)
Beet root powder
HMB powder
Beta Alanine

For the longest time, about 6 months, I took the first three and didn’t notice any difference in energy (still felt the senior slows), but after adding the Beta Alanine (never tried as just a stand alone - so my methodology sucks) then I really started getting a fair percentage of my old energy back.

Placebo? Waste of money? Undo health risk? All I can address is the last one after extensive online research, is that after another six months use, none of the supplements showed health consequences. I am too chicken to experiment on myself with things like steroids, creatinine, testosterone supplements and other questionable dugs.

Of course everyone has a different metabolism or reaction to supplements so…. But I do know they have made a difference in the way I feel.

And the big question: Do they make me a stronger, faster, long endurance locomotive of a cyclist? Maybe just a little, but regardless I like the feeling (and I still am nailing PRs).

Likes For rsbob: