Old 08-20-19, 05:21 PM
stevage

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Sport 2009

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I'd be curious about people's experience with ponchos. I always just dismissed ponchos without much thought, figuring that they would be a hassle if riding much over 10 or 12 mph or riding into a wind even at lower speeds. Am I wrong about that? What combined bike/wind speed does it become a problem if it does at all? How about cross winds?
Hard to say. Yes, you probably feel the wind a bit more with a poncho, but it's never come close to "I'd rather not be using a poncho". If you're riding in rain, and strong wind, you're probably not having a great time no matter what

If you're thinking that the poncho is flapping around, well, no. I tuck it all down so it forms a pretty solid shape.

The pictures always show riders riding in a very upright posture are they cut so they also work for someone who rides in a much more aggressive posture?
Don't know about "aggressive" but I usually ride on the hoods. Works ok on the drops too. The only situation where the poncho isn't great is mountain biking, because you're getting on and off the saddle all the time, so you lose the "tuck".
Likes For stevage: