Old 01-21-21, 03:00 PM
Gyro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeaddiction1
I know an Orthopedic Surgeon who, when he found out I road a motorcycle said, "You guys are responsible for half our business. Not the young guys, they just kill themselves. Its the older riders we have to fix up".
I know guys on sport bikes that are very good riders, but I also see young guys who get a license and before they have any riding experience they go and get a powerful crotch rocket. Armoured gear will not protect them when hitting a wall at 100 mph.
I live in a 200,000+ size city and we lose 3 to 4 a year. A few years back a jackass was flying down a 40 mph road. Tried to run a light and ended up hitting the door of a car going through. His bike exploded on contract with the door. A surgeon crash his road bike on a bike trail going to work at his hospital, paralyzed from the neck down.

I've had two crashes. Once on my road bike crossing RR tracks and the other on a MC riding on a utility road along side railroad track. Riding one handed, smoking with my left. I caught the weeds with the left bar end and went into the weeds hitting a tie, I flew over the handle bar, the kid on the back seat over me and the bike over both of us. Ever try to laugh with the wind knocked out of you?