View Single Post
Old 01-24-21, 07:17 PM
ericeric

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geepig
When I returned to riding it was hard work, but I persisted and even though I am pushing 60 and have arthritus I am resisting the urge to buy things to make it easier - but more fun instead
Originally Posted by reppans
Hey my pleasure, hope it helps. For me shoulder carry is like cutting the weight in half from suitcase carry.

I need to use 2 hands to lift up - I stand behind the folded bike, seat pointing forward, grab the seat tube with my right hand, thumb pointing downward. Then use my left hand to grab the rear rack legs near the axle. Both hands lift and rotate the bike upside down, where I then rest the main tube on my right shoulder (I have a grippy pad attached to main tube for my shoulder). Then to walk, my right hand still has a firm grip on the seat tube, lean a bit left to align the bike weight with my CoG, left crank resting on my head - left hand is free to open/close doors. Be aware of ceiling, staircase, and doorway height clearance though. Doubt I can shoulder carry two bikes at the same time, but one bike on shoulder does counter-balance a second carried suitcase style better than one (or two) bike(s) carried suitcase style.

Wow it works! Does feel like half the weight. Makes the ebike weight feasible. In reality the ebike attachment is not really necessary. But we don't have a car in BCN and it would be nice to explore further out.

Cheers!
Likes For ericeric: