Old 07-19-21, 01:18 PM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts
I have to echo the bike fit advice and would advise caution on just trying to go the route of padded gloves. I did my fitting myself and went down the rabbit hole and worked on my fit one aspect at a time. My fit may not be completely dialed as if I went to a pro, but I spent a lot of time sifting through the available information and worked through it carefully.

My hand numbness was really bad and part of it was from past trauma. Getting my fit dialed in (as much as I could do it myself) and working on my position almost completely cleared up my hand numbness. I still get a bit of numbness on long descents where I'm in the drops for long periods of time, but it is MUCH improved to the point of not being an issue.

I personally find that padded gloves make the numbness worse as it increases the pressure on the nerves in your hands. I've been wearing unpadded gloves for a while now and no numbness (and loving the bar feel).

I put on a pair of my padded gloves for a ride the other day and I had a few times where my hands got numb from the pressure of the padding.
Likes For KJ43: