View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 06:45 PM
deaninkl

Bikes: 2009 Giant TCR Aluxx SL, 2015 Bruno 700c Tour, Canyon Urban 8.0, Giant FCR 2018,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Guess you cannot get a Disc Trucker where you are. Comes with a 26x34 low gear. You can easily drop the 26t to a 24t or even 22t.
Surly was high on my list, but here in Taiwan or Malaysia where I am also based at times they are hens teeth at the moment.. I friend in Taiwan ordered on in September 2020, he needs a large frame and the didnt have stock, the Surly shop in Taipei told him he could get it in February, in March they gave him a Giant as a loaner.. now they cant even give him a date.. the crazy thing is, I understand the surly frames are made in Taiwan... their simply is huge supply chain issues at the moment...

Anyway having looked at was is available locally, for the time being have shelved my plan for a new bike and Ha ordered some components that will get me close to what I want... and.. in the mean time I conquered one of my local "nemesis" hills this weekend on my Giant FCR... did have to stop, but did not push... I consider that a win!