View Single Post
Old 06-06-23, 09:56 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
I didn't give you a single point example where pushing a big gear may hurt minors which was the topic/context. I gave a single point that the opposite - spinning might be harmful. There was never any ban/protection against spinning. There are many papers on fatiguing tendons through over use. My "no evidence" of injury was on big gear being worse than spinning.

If there were evidence bigger gears may cause injury, the group that should find it (the papers) is the one now pulling that restriction.
USA Cycling has not stated any risk associated with gears.

I am making a sweeping general statement.
There is no study showing equal power output using a bigger gear is more damaging than using a smaller gear. I can't prove the negative there is no study. I can state I have searched for this for years and argued that there is no evidence of injury with USA Cycling
I cannot find anything by USA Cycling stating that.
I would like to be proved wrong on this as I have been looking for over a decade, but you can't prove a negative.
your mechanical assumptions are incorrect, 120rpm at the same road speed of 30, required less force than same speed at 90 rpm.
what worked for your son is fine.