Old 07-29-22, 07:21 AM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by m.c.
I'd start with looking for a waterproof computer backpack. If it were me I'd want to shop for the part that protects the computer first and then look at other features.
Fair enough! Thanks for the tip. I guess I could always also use a water resistant sleeve for the laptop but that should be a backup imho.

Originally Posted by RH Clark
Roll top dry bags are very cheap and likely more waterproof than anything else. Just strap it down. No need for a backpack if you aren't carrying it on your back.
The chrome backpacks are roll tops, though one has an annoying habit of working itself open. I think I need to clean off the velcro and maybe have a clasp stitched on to keep things closed.

I need the backpack part because I need to walk with the dang thing. I'll often stop for groceries etc on the way home.

I'm still trying to figure out how to mount the tray so I can still mount the panniers without an issue.

Originally Posted by krakhaus
Ortlieb is great for a double strap backpack style. I prefer the one strap messenger bags. I have several Timbuk2 bags, one of which has a built in laptop compartment. Perfect for your needs.
I can't ride with a messenger bag anymore sadly. It bothers my back to walk around with one.