View Single Post
Old 03-20-24, 11:59 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 278 Posts
Duragrouch Posted: I think a knife would have been quicker.
I agree with this but society has changed to the point that carrying things like knives has become offensive and sometimes even a crime. The ladies were amazing and to the task of stopping that cat. Between using a small knife, a BFR and pulling on the cats legs and also shoving fingers up the predators nose they wore it down enough that after around 15 minutes It did release there friend. How many of us would have the frame of mind to help another person and be able to pull out a knife or other weapon and take out the attacking animal. Although rare these incidents bring out our primal fears. When I was around 14 years old I was with a youth group camping out. One of the other children had wandered off that morning. We went looking for him and we found him. As we approached him we noticed he was giving snacks to two bear cubs. The mother bear also had noticed this. Our experienced group leader told us to stand together and not run. As we did this mama bear let out a very loud yelling roar. The cubs immediately ran back toward their mother and she continued her approach until she was between them and us. She stopped full erect on her hind legs maybe 12 feet from us, let out a final roar and turned and walked off with her cubs. To this day the thought of this makes me weak in the legs.