Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk

does this look fast?

Went to a buddy's house last night to optimize my TT fit (@wktmeow). It was fine on the trainer, but this morning during TTT practice I was sliding forward a bit and my knees were hitting my elbows, which made them flare out which is totally un-aero. Might have to push the seat back a bit.

During one of our two practice runs we clocked a ~30 MPH lap, which was good for fifth place for Fiesta Island on Strava. Thing is, the first four are all the same time from a different TTT team, so it's effectively second. Also, one of our guys is sick so we only had three! Maybe next week we can take it during our final two practices before state champs next weekend.

Also, don't worry, I have a fast front that I was riding today (Hed Jet 60, Corsa Speed 23C and a latex tube).
Yah, it does.

You look to me to be giving up some hip angle to how your stack works out up front allowing you to get flatter.

I'm not sure what optimal is, low/flat and worse hip angle OR a little less low/flat and more hip angle.

Individual I guess.

You can try the seat, but the sliding forward I thought was a symptom of having to adhere to the UCI dimensions. Tri folks can scoot the seat forward and do all sorts of stuff to solve the little issues.

I've heard on Slowtwitch figuring out your armpad/cup angle so that you're kind of sandwiching yourself between that and the saddle to keep sliding to a minimum. There's even some aftermarket armrests out there to aid in it.