View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 08:44 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
@furiousferret, I’m confused about the comment about FTP. By definition, shouldn’t you be able to ride your FTP for a 40k TT? You should do the Piru series, really what’s 110 miles? Each way.

@burnthesheep, my husband worked with a machinist to make some angled spacers because I too have bars that are not adjustable as far as the angle of the aerobars extensions go. My fitter came up with the angle (9%), and it really wasn’t that expensive to get it done. The machinist kind of got into it and he thought my bike was cool. When I went back in with the finished product, fitter says “congrats now you have Tony Martins cockpit”. Lol thats why I’m so fast.

I did a little opener ride today in the Lockwood Valley, at 5100 ft. Felt pretty good. I want to get a mock 5k TT Effort in tomorrow and a mock 10k TT Effort on Sunday. But the forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms both days. Oy it’s an hour drive for me each way. I’m still gonna head up there though. And hope for the best. It’s a pretty desolate place to get caught in a thunderstorm, no shelter. Fun times.

Likes For Heathpack: