View Single Post
Old 10-30-22, 05:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
Love the information shared from people who actually have used the products! The DT-Swiss RWS Skewer system sounds great and I did some quick research on them and am impressed enough that they are going on my Christmas list I think. I see they also offer a steel version now, according to one website.

Personally I don't care if they weigh a little more if they are more durable potentially. I guess it is like anything else in that if you use them properly and don't abuse them, the aluminum ones are just fine. Doesn't hurt to go for the more robust ones if you are concerned though.

I also checked out the ones from Paul Components and like everything Paul, they look amazing. But the price? You really have to want that brand I guess. The less expensive DT-Swiss alternative looks awesome.
Yeah they are ridiculous, at the time I was like I want the ultimate touring bike from what I knew and what I could do from the shop I worked at. Now I would do it slightly differently but at the time I didn't want to do a lot of compromising from what I thought then was good (and a lot of it still is) and would do a similar style but different gearing and probably thru-axles at this point even. If I was redoing the build from the time I would have done those DT-Swiss skewers had I known they were so awesome but the Paul ones are nice and I like Paul and I want him to be around for a long time. I like good 'Murican companies and he seems to have one.