View Single Post
Old 02-27-18, 02:01 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bp2k8
This is the best post. I am glad you are doing well and your van setup was classic! I tried it but did not even have tinted windows I would just pick places I knew people did not go however sometimes it would seem I had a homing missile attached to me and I realized that it has to do with being in slightly commercial areas. Do you have bikes still or condensed down to just one?
Right now I don't own a bicycle. The roads are icy and I've got a breathing problem right now. For some reason my body isn't absorbing oxygen as it should. New medications are being tried and perhaps it will be handled soon.

When spring comes I want to get a Kickbike. I really like the physical motion used to propel those more than bicycling. I used a Xootr for many years. I stopped using it because the tiny wheels got caught on a tall crack one time and I was injured in a fall. My reflexes weren't fast enough to prevent it. A Kickbike has bicycle size wheels which would easily roll over such sidewalk cracks and holes. https://www.kickbikeus.com/

One key to being stealthy is to have a nondescript vehicle like a clean minivan. Another way to remain hidden is to park near apartment buildings because new people come and go all the time in such a neighborhood. Nobody knows anybody. Plus parking in front of an apartment building doesn't bother anybody. Parking in front of somebody's house can draw attention if it's done often. Don't leave your vehicle in one spot. Even if you park in the same neighborhood regularly you should leave it every day just like everybody else does when they go to work. There are lots of other things that can be done to remain invisible but those are the important ones. If I eventually do get a small RV trailer such stealth parking will be impossible.