View Single Post
Old 04-29-21, 05:51 AM
MoWheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan
....... and this thing feels so slow compared to big bike and it does not feel easier to pedal at all or faster to accelerate.
I bought my first folder in January of this year and after almost 500 miles of riding, I have realized that I'm consistently slower on this bike vs my road bikes. I have adjusted my geometry as much as I can to match my road bike's riding position as well as modified the gearing to give a better range and yet I still don't feel as efficient as I do on my road bike. Actually, I feel pretty much the same as when I ride my 29" Specialized mountain bike on the road and my average speed tells the same tale. It's not particularly upsetting though, as I'm enjoying the ride on the folder. I think it is a combination of less than ideal body position, harshness of the smaller wheels, slightly heavier weight, and possibly less efficient drive train that add up to a slower ride. My takeaway is that I don't see myself doing a century ride on the folder, but for short to moderate rides it is fine. Considering its convenience factor for travel, it definitely fills a niche and I'm glad I have it.
Likes For MoWheels: