burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Midpack, finished on the lead lap, and only crashed once. All in all, not terrible.
They show the winning pro crashing in races to go "see, it's normal in cross!". What they don't tell you is that they were ahead over a minute at the time, lol. Oh, and their race is like twice as long as mine.

But, this is me. Usually goes: holeshot in top 5, shuffle in the podium or top five for two laps, crash, chase back on to be in the front 1/3.

I'm not doing enough in the series to get points, so can't decide which race next weekend to do. Down street literally but never seen course, or 10min away and "home turf" kind of deal. We'll see.

I'm personally frustrated at having this "dad" crash instinct of despite it being low impact grass/dirt crashes......being gun shy. I'm not 40 yet. Our masters starts at 40. The college kids destroy 4/5 open around here. So that's rough going racing kids with zero fear or long term body issues from crashing.

Also about had it with the Crockett. Paint is peeling like a $200 car re-paint job. It's a hair too big. I want to try discs. All my wheelsets have dings in them that cause brake surges. You ride bikes more you like to ride. That's the really nice and sorted TT and road bikes. This thing is becoming a bit of a pile.

I could make it a single speed and upgrade for Christmas.