J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I find having maps in my head to be liberating in a way. And I still use PGS—Paper Guidance System. Also known as cue sheets. Phone as a backup.
Do you have a photographic memory, Indy? I do. Its not a super-powerful, everything-precise, like the character, Lisbeth Salander, in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but its not bad when it comes to remembering how something looked. I'll forget someone's name 30 seconds after we meet, but I will never forget their face. Images seem to stick in my head. She had Asperger's, and so do I. Everyone is different. My sense of direction is uncanny. My wife hates to drive with me anywhere because I usually know instinctively how to get there, and without GPS she is blind as a bat. I'm still remembering stupid stuff on a regular basis. Like a street intersection in Germany from 40 years ago - I still remember every detail. Why does the image of that street pop into my head? Or like a cathedral I visited in Spain. I keep seeing images of the inside and of the altar, and that's been going on for at least 20 years. Weird. Anyway, yeah so I can surely relate to your map-less talents.