View Single Post
Old 04-25-21, 11:53 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
Made by Penninger

Yes. If there is no post for a derailleur that means you have to stop the trike and shift the chain from one chainring to another. It's pretty unusual but not unheard of. . The trike made by Penninger may have had an additional part as shown in this picture on Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/150729918748742443/). And from a description on Bentrider dating back to the past "Penninger advertises the bike as a 64 speed with its eight speed mid-drive system. However, the bike is technically a 128 speed. It does have a double crankset up front that can be shifted by hand, but there is no front derailleur. I’m sure that many of these gear ranges are duplicates, but I never found myself lacking for any high or low gear inches." ::: Penninger Voyager :::
Looks like it was a very expensive trike for one that weighs north of 50 pounds. Interesting though to read how it works. I've heard the name in the past but never saw a picture of one before.