View Single Post
Old 09-20-17, 07:12 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
Masking Lugs and Panels...

In a recent thread, regarding choice of paint pens for lining lugs and stuff, I asked how people manage to get panels straight and square when masking. One on our fellow members suggested a product called Frisket Film...

Needless to say, I Googled it and think it might be a vast improvement over my present way of masking for paint work. With that in mind...

I intend to document the process and share it here, for those who are interested. I would hope that those of you, who have experience with masking lugs and panels, chime in with things that you have learned, procedures you follow and products you use, to help the rest of us do a good job and avoid mistakes. Mistakes which can be costly, time consuming and frustrating.

And why this interest? Because I want to do a really good job of repainting my just arrived Rabineick 120d, which I would not include a picture of it were not raining cats and dogs right now. And, like all parts of any project I take on, I want to do the paint work myself, but I will fudge by buying the Rabeneick decal set from Gus Solman.