View Single Post
Old 02-22-23, 03:19 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Wow! I find that hard to believe based on the weight of my YBB. That’s a lot for a titanium bike. ...
The cited weight was with a Racktime Addit rear rack, Tubus Tara front rack.

The frame is lighter than the weight of my rear wheel with tire, so just because the frame is a few pounds lighter does not mean the whole bike will be that much lighter. I will be the first to admit that a titanium touring bike is pure bling, as spending a lot on a frame to trim a few pounds is not cost effective. I got a great price on the frame, so could not pass it up. At that time Lynskey wanted an extra $300 for the front fork, but the rake and axle to crown length almost perfectly matched a LHT front fork I already owned, I used the LHT steel fork. Thus, rim brake front and disc rear.

Photo is lighter weight, as the racks were not on it at the time. But I have the heavier touring 37mm wide tires fitted. Dyad rims.

Yes, the lake was frozen at the time of photo, that was a year ago in mid March.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: