Old 11-26-23, 09:43 PM
cycledog1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
just so there's no question about WHAT the slippage is that I'm talking about.

the "steerer" tube is tightened as the upper race/headset and is tight -------- doesn't move. the cap then tightens in from the top, no issue with slippage with the headtube, in the alum finish I might add, not powd ct'd in a color. only the stem, when slipped over top and tightened at the desired ht does the STEM slip/move side to side hoiz around if pulled enough after tightening and the bar intact. the issue I see is the texture of the steerer tube shouldn't allow the stem to slip/rotate around the st tube when tightened. most steerer tubes on forks have dull/matte finishes in the alum or CF. once they are tight enough, rotation ONLY happens with a LOT of pressure, such as an impact.

I'm thinking the best approach is a locktight or light spray glue to the surface. otherwise, it may be tight enough with normal riding ---------- I'm more concerned about the torque when turning with vibration and higher speeds.

anyone else had the issue I have with the "rotating" stem once tight with the bar installed and putting pressure on it?