View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 09:05 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10899 Post(s)
Liked 7,390 Times in 4,148 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Most road bikes are very similar in fit, components and frame geo. I would have opted for an endurance road bike if I found one for sure.

I dont think there's anything wrong with the frame fit, unless I just don't fit on any road bike that's ever been designed for people my size.
I am 6'5 and have managed to find bikes that fit me fine. Since I like old steel, my c&v frames are all admittedly a couple cm smaller than ideal, but I make it work. My main road bike and gravel bike though?- dead on fit.

Based on things you have said, you are in your mid-20s and a body builder so you are clearly both young and in good shape. You dont have some extreme fitment issue due to age or injury that is keeping you from fitting on a road bike.

Instead of trying to go for a look(which you mention you are going for on this bike), try to go for fit first.
- Just use the crankarms that are on the bike and set the saddle at the appropriate height. Ignore all your temptation to slap a goofy long crankset onto the bike and just get your leg extension set properly.
- Next, set your saddle angle and placement on the seatpost. Get it so it is in a neutral level position since when it tilts down that places weight on your wrists and makes you constantly counter the sliding by pushing back.
- Then, set your bars in a comfortable height and reach. If you need, get a 17deg rise 80mm stem so it is crazy high and short. Start there and work your way both out in length and down in angle. Stop when it is comfortable.

Thats really it- nothing magical. Notice that I didnt suggest you slam the stem for a look and then figure out fit from there. Your bike isnt built with aggressive race geometry.
Likes For mstateglfr: