Old 04-13-20, 05:18 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 175 Posts
Originally Posted by valve_timing
so for those of you who have restored or repainted the ironman which brand of white paint did you use and as far as prep what did you do ?
For my 86, IM I only needed to touch up the white . I used Krylon Shorts Cuts White (comes in a small bottle with a screw cap) To prep the chip I sand the edges , clean and put in some 3M single part spot putty , sand that and paint color with a good touch up brush (I get them from a art supply store . For painting a whole frame (I have never had to strip to bear) I fix chips like I just said , just spot filler , then I sand the whole frame with paper and I also use 3M Scotch Bright pads , those make it very easy to get to the tight spots . At this point decide if you want to primer , Always do a light sand between coats , heavier where there is orange peel . Krylon is my favorite rattle can paint , most of it you don't really even need to clear coat or primer . Please this is just what works for me . But now reading @ddeand s' post that looks very good .

Last edited by markwesti; 04-13-20 at 05:28 PM.