Old 10-02-22, 11:50 AM
Bad Lag

Bikes: 1974 Bob Jackson - Nuovo Record, Brooks Pro, Clips & Straps

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 794 Times in 452 Posts
Traffic IS TERRIBLE!

I've been riding a lot recently and I have come away with the distinct impression things have changed.

Automobile drivers are noticeably less respectful of the vehicle code, "the rules of the road". Also, they are less respectful of other drivers, exhibiting behaviors that almost qualify as "predatory" - lane changes, passing on the right, accelerating from a red light,....

The other thing is, there seems to be a LOT of traffic, lots of cars on the road at all times of day.

I mean all of this in an absolute sense, not just relative to the reduced levels seen during the pandemic shut down.

One more thing I'm seeing is an ever-increasing number of ebikes. They are everywhere, all the time. People (kids and adults) are riding them at ever increasing speeds. They have morphed into and are driven like electric motorcycles not electically-assisted bicycles, yet they occupy the bike lanes and bike paths and are entirely disrespectful of the rules of the road. Oddly, these have added to the number of vehicles on the road, not reduced the number of cars.

Taken together, bike riding, especially at peak traffic times, feels distinctly more hazardous and a bit less fun. THAT is a BAD thing!

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited by Bad Lag; 10-03-22 at 10:40 AM.
Likes For Bad Lag: