Old 03-24-23, 06:38 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3514 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by Highmass
I absolutely have made a choice. On my winter bike/grocerygetter I run 25. I have one bike with 21, and one with 22. The last two bikes have 23. But the 2 bikes with 23, only have them because I have a hard time finding skinnier tyres. Actually itīs really simple, the skinnier tyres I run, the faster I FEEL (Also the skinnier tyres in general can take higher tyrepressures, and I prefer around 9,5 bar). I have no idea whether Iīm actually right about the skinnier tyres being faster, but the fact that I FEEL faster is enough for me. I also believe that fat tyres simply are ugly on a real roadbike, and letīs face it, a big part of riding vintage steel, is the beauty.
I agree with all of this. It's not a popular opinion around here. How you "feel" on your bike means little to the physics professors who populate this site. Unless you can verify it with numbers, what you "feel" means little.

I currently run 23 mm Veloflexes at 140 psi. If I could find 20 mm slicks, I'd run those. But this hobby currently isn't one of choice.
Likes For smd4: