Old 05-05-21, 03:36 PM
jesnow

Bikes: Pinarello Prince

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
This is helpful to know. (wasn't clear up front) I have found once I have a tight tire combo (tight means I had to use a Kooljack to get it on), I wait a week or so (tires inflated full to max allowed) and then do a simulated road fix, and have found generally after being on the rims for while they are easier to get off and on. I have had to use metal levers once or twice (Lezyne makes nice ones so it might be worth a look https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/tire-levers ) for really tight combos. FWIW this is part of why tubeless is not a direction I am going

that said I am pretty conservative and still would not sand the rims
I get that, I am too. Though I love modding things, especially to save money. Even though I don't have to save money. When I went 11sp with the Dura Ace wheels I was stunned to learn that they were 10sp only. So I figured out how to run an 11sp cassette with only 10 cogs on (this is doable). I think I found that 10/11 hack here. I thought about dremeling the 10sp freehub to accept an 11sp cassette, but it meant removing a lot of material on my only good wheel. I left that one alone.

After doing the math I'm pretty confident, so hold my beer and watch this. Expect some actual news this weekend. I promised to post no matter what the result, which I will do.