Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6243 Post(s)
Liked 4,843 Times in 3,340 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85
Has anyone experienced this?
Yes.

I might no longer be able to carry water on my bike.
Well carry something else besides water. Gatorade, Vitamin Water, diluted fruit juice. But if you don't get bottles that properly fit your bottle cages, then they'll have a good chance of falling out as a bottle full of water. Or perhaps breaking the cage or deforming it to the point that those bottles start falling out again.

Now my bottles were regular grocery store bottles. I guess they’re too small for the holders.
I have liked using a particular brand of Gatorade bottles. About a 24 fl oz bottle. I'd get them at convenience stores. Never saw them in grocery stores for whatever reason. I'd pour out the contents and put my own water or mix in them. However, they changed the bottle shape on me since my previous acquisition of them a couple years ago. So now they rattle around in my bottle cage and likely will bounce out at some point.

So since I figure having loose bottles flying off my bike isn't a good thing for me or others around me, I guess I'll have to get a proper fitting bottle. Most bottles sold as bicycle bidons do tend to fit bicycle bottle cages well.

Much better than risking that I get this fear of carrying water on a bike you talk about. What would that be? Hydroportarecyclistaphobia <grin>
Likes For Iride01: