Old 05-15-20, 07:38 AM
kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Thanks for the helpful response, but I don't think tracking the performance management metrics is going to work for me. I have a lot of bikes and just one has a powermeter, so I was hoping to get a sense for the amount of weekly training I should target for randonneuring. I've been riding the bike with the powermeter exclusively for the last two weeks since I got the meter, but I don't see myself riding the same bike all the time. It's really useful for indoor workouts and interesting to look at outside, but I probably won't be able to realize the full benefit of performance management because I like riding different bikes. I've been using the free combination of training peaks, strava, trainerday and golden cheetah which all work surprisingly well together.

Originally Posted by atwl77
...Though this is just my current "eventless, just aimlessly but gradually improving fitness" routine...
This pretty much describes my training program in the spring and summer. In the fall and winter it's "spend enough time on the bike so I don't get too fat over the holidays". We're still able to ride outside here in Chicago. Riding a 300k tomorrow. Hope things open up for you soon enough.