Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by GBK233
do you ride in crappy areas or did you find that the Schwalbes aren’t really that puncture resistant? The Aerothan tubes have piqued my interest as well
Inconsistencies with Schwalbe quality over the years has led me to never stocking, using or selling any of their tires. Ever. Everyone has problems with product...but I have only ever seen Schwalbe have the gross structural integrity problems I have seen from them.

Some people here love their tubeless product. I have always chalked that up to them being one of the first and having the longest amount of time for refinement. The other side of that coin though is that the higher quality tire companies stayed out of tubeless because they knew all of the problems that existed. They are now coming into the tubeless game and have much better product stemming from their long experience producing better quality tires.

In other words I see Schwalbe getting credit for being willing to be the kid who throws the cooking pot on their head and storms across the trenches into the face of overwhelming opposition while the rest of them stood back and watched and took notes.

YMMV - quite literally.

Likes For Psimet2001: