Old 05-24-19, 10:30 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Moron item #1 for today: discovered that yesterday I had over tightened the Speedplay cleats. Instead of stopping when I couldn't get my foot in....."oh, let's just mash harder!". I effectively bent the metal top plate pinching the C-ring you clip into. Meaning it wasn't possible to clip in. So, I disassembled it, bent it back to shape, lubed it, and guess what......brains work better than brawn sometimes.

Moron item #2 for today: being so excited to try out my lace-up Giro's with Speedplays and the aero covers with using "soccer lace covers" to simulate the sweet new expensive S-works aero shoe......I proceed to ride 10 mi on the TT bike with it being over 90 degrees outside. Like mid 90's. With some heavy wind, or wind in a direction that didn't play nice with a disc/trispoke for 1/2 the ride. Meaning between already being too hot to make power, and windy enough to not lay it down........it was slow going.

Lessons learned? Don't be a meat head and bash things. Don't be over eager and half kill yourself cause you're so excited to try your new toys out.

I'll get the hang of it someday. Gotta keep trying!
Likes For burnthesheep: